Baked Falafel

I think I was always more intimated by making falafel at home than I should have been. It was SO easy! I made it for dinner last week and it was a tasty, healthy main course for dinner.
Here's how I made it:
1 can of drained chickpeas
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoons of fresh parsley
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon or so of coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
Literally thrown it all into a food processor until it is blended. Then transfer to a bowl, beat an egg and add it to your mixture. Mix well and roll into ping pong sized balls.
Heat a pan with olive oil and brown on both sides (flatten slightly). Transfer them to your oven on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Next time I'm going to be bad and deep fry them.
Serve with a sauce of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment