Paula's Pumpkin Cheesecake with My Pecan Praline Topping

This was such a hit at Thanksgiving, and it was fairly easy to make (make sure you use a springfoam pan). I didn't get to try the finished product until it was served, so I was a little nervous because I'd never made one. I must say it turned out pretty awesome. I will definitely make this again for my next holiday party. Here's Paula's recipe (wish I could take the credit).
Once the cake cooled, I topped it with a pecan praline sauce - here's how I made it:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped (coarse or fine is up to you)

Melt butter over medium heat in a small pan. Stir in brown sugar, whipping cream and vanilla. Cook and stir until it reaches a full boil then reduce heat and boil gently for three minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans. Once this has cooled a bit, pour on top of the cooled cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment