Carb Conscious Veggie Lasagna


We had some friends over the other night for dinner and I made a pretty delicious vegetable lasagna. Rather than traditional noodles for my carb conscious friends, the dish was made up mostly of veggies. Here's how I made it:
2 squash
2 zucchini
1 large eggplant
one green pepper
3 cups of ricotta cheese
Kosher salt (I ALWAYS use kosher salt when I cook) & pepper (taste as you go, depends on how much you like)
hefty tablespoon Italian seasoning
balsamic vinegar
vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups mozzarella cheese
spaghetti sauce
goat cheese

Slice the zucchini, squash and eggplant into 1/4 inch vertical slices (you are going to layer them in a 9x13 dish - a pyrex is my dish of choice)
cut the green pepper into strips
mix the balsamic, oil, salt and pepper and coat all of the veggies with your mixture (use this liberally)
roast the veggies on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until tender
mix the ricotta, egg, italian seasoning, salt and pepper
spray your pan and start layering:
one layer of the eggplant, zucchini, squash and green pepper
top with about half of the ricotta mixture
repeat
mix 2 cups of spaghetti sauce (I love traditional prego, have been eating it since I was little) with about a tablespoon of goat cheese and let it heat and blend on the stove
top your dish with the sauce and then a layer of mozzarella cheese
cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
It will be brown, bubbly and delish!

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a terrific idea. you are full of great ideas. i'm really enjoying this blog. please keep it up as I always look forward to your posts. way to go morgan.

    ReplyDelete